Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mini Camp

Well everyone, as you may or may not have known, we are having mini camp over the weekend. I got back in a little over an hour ago after a long, exciting day! I was given the first reps at quarterback today, something I was pleasantly surprised about. I hope I did enough to have my stab at it again. Today had it's ups and downs, but overall I was happy with my individual performance, and that of the teams.
There was only one pass all day I would love to have back, and that was a throw over that middle that Tyrell picked, intended for B.B. That throw simply stated sucked, and I can't do that if I want to win the job.
I must say I am very pleased with every other aspect of the day. Percy Harvin was out there on the field, and I was amazed at what he could do. The coaches had him line up all over the place, and he is very versatile and looks well worth the twenty second pick! Playing in this offense is going to be something else. It is loaded with talent, burners, and possession players. I feel like I finally have a grasp of the playbook, but will continue to study my butt off, to make sure. In fact, I must go now and do that! Thanks everyone, get ready and pumped for Viking football!!


-Sage

4 comments:

  1. WIth your comments and other media observers comments about Percy, I think fans are going to get excited around here. There's a similar buzz going around town like there was during Randy Moss' year here. Obviously, they are different players completely, but their overall athletic ability and talent may be the kind of shot in the offensive arm that similarly affects the team. I think we're all excited!

    Reports sound like you guys have been hitting it hard. Enjoy your last practice!

    PJD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic to hear about the goiong's on in mini camp, your thoughts, observations etc are what we want to hear!!

    Keep it up.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited how the team sets up right now....I am fully confident and support your abilities to lead this team Sage. Percy should be a big help...and AD is the man. I'm really looking forward to a succesfull season. As far as I'm concerned YOU are our QB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete